Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Cinemedia is one of the best videography companies around. Steve Graham, the owner of Cinemedia, strives for perfection in every single wedding video he shoots. His work is over the top amazing. The above video is from a wedding Steve and I did together in May and you can see why I suggest him to all of my brides.
I got a chance to sit down and talk to Steve about pretty much everything. Here are some of the questions I asked so all of you can get to know him a little better:
1. What made you start Cinemedia? "After working in the production industry for many years I decided I wanted to focus my efforts on event videography. I started Cinemedia in 2003 so that I could spend my time doing what I enjoy most."
2. What is your favorite part of weddings and events? "I've always been a creative person and event videography gives me a tremendous amount of latitude within which to be creative. Also, I like the idea that I'm capturing some of the most important moments in people's lives and delivering a product of timeless significance. Lastly, the celebratory atmosphere of a wedding is just plain fun to be around."
3. What's one of your hobbies? "I'm a songwriter in my spare time. I've got a studio with a ridiculous amount of equipment that I enjoy immersing myself in. I sing, play guitar, bass, drums and keyboards and thanks to the marvel of multitrack recording I don't have to play them all at the same time!"
4. What sets your business apart from all others? "I think the personal attention and importance placed on each and every project helps set Cinemedia apart. I'm a perfectionist by nature and as such I work very hard to ensure that every video I produce meets my high standards. We also offer some services that others do not like the increasingly popular live internet broadcast."
5. What is one of your childhood dreams? "My childhood dream was to be a professional soccer player. I played on my high school team anyhow :) These days I'm happy to get out and kick around with my kids."
6. Do you film just weddings? "I also film Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Quinces, and corporate events. Weddings account for the large majority of my work though and I hope to keep it that way. They are simply the most fun and rewarding."
You can contact Steve at: Cinemedia, 407-936-0312, http://www.orlandoweddingvideo.com/
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Since we are talking about all different types of vendors I decided that I could introduce you a little bit futher into our company, celebrate!
Welcome to our company...
1. When & by whom did celebrate! come about?
celebrate! began July of 2007 in Ormond Beach, Florida. celebrate! is owned & operated by Jen Calnan & Jenna Jones.
2. What interested you in opening up your company?
Both Jenna & I majored in event management at the University of Florida. (Go Gators!) During our studies we began working for an event coordinating firm in Gainesville. We planned many different types of events but absolutely fell in love with weddings. We continued in this field for a coordinator in Orlando, Florida. We learned a great deal from both companies & truly enjoyed our jobs. We had such a strong love & passion for planning events that we decided to bring it back to our home town & start up our own company.
3. Does your company only plan weddings?
We are an event coordinating firm specializing in weddings. Although our company does consist of about 80% weddings, we plan every & any type of event. We plan bar/bat mitzvahs, graduation parties, anniversary parties, corporate events, family reunions, weddings, etc.
4. What can you offer to one of your brides?
celebrate! offers 4 packages to our brides. We offer assistance from just the day of the event all the way to our all inclusive packages & a little in between. We can also customize a package to meet a brides needs, depending on what se needs.
5. What is the most satisfying part of your job?
There are so many different aspects of my job that I absolutely adore. I love meeting and building relationships with new vendors. I love getting to know my bride & her family members. I love to save my brides time, money & stress. The number one thing that really makes this all worth while is the gratitude that we receive from our bride & groom, their families & the wedding guests at the end of the evening.
I hope you enjoyed this tid bit of information on our company. If you are looking for any assistance with your special event, please feel free to contact us for a FREE consultation.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
What made you decide to open River Lily?
I always wanted to have a B&B life style of meeting people and entertaining. Our guests have been even more enjoyable that I ever expected.
What is your favorite part of weddings and events?
My favorite part of weddings are the high hopes and dreams of the Bride and Groom. Events, birthday parties or anniversaries are happy celebrations that bring family and friends together and make good memories.
What's your one of your hobbies?
I love to bake good stuff like cheese cakes and cookies. I love putting together gift baskets with my baked goods, wine and cute & different things in them. I like to read to learn most anything. I like cook books and positive books.
What sets your ceremony and reception site apart?
The River Lily is the perfect site for weddings with our sweeping Halifax River views, our grounds and our romantic River Lily Bridal Suite with gold chandeliers. There is a need for a celebration site like ours. We are in the mid priced range, a beautiful site at reasonable prices.
If you could do anything else what would you do?
If I could do anything I wanted, I would do charity work with teenagers and people in nursing homes that don't have families to visit them.
How many guests can you accommodate?
We have six guest rooms and we can accommodate up to 14 guests. We can have events on our grounds for up to 150 guests.
Do you have a slogan?
Our slogan is: You are expected when you arrive and you will be missed when you leave.
To contact River Lily:
558 Riverside Drive
Holly Hill/Daytona Beach, Florida 32117
Dear Jen and Jenna:
We just want to thank you for coordinating a flawless wedding. The effort that you both put in was as professional as anyone could have wanted. I can't imagine trying to do this ourselves. It would have been a foolish mistake.
Trying to arrange and coordinate all the vendors, the church, the rehearsal party and then the wedding would have taken all the fun out of just sitting back and just enjoying the whole journey.
Simply put, it was a stress free event for all of us and you made our daughter's wedding a special event.
Woody and Sue Lucas
Monday, October 20, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
A few helpful tips:
1. Do introduce yourself to the crowd. This will make the speech more personal & intimate.
2. Do plan in advance to give a speech, an impromptu toast usually doesn't go very smoothly at
3. Do point out positive qualities about the bride & groom as a couple.
4. Do put some humor into the toast, a little laughter never killed anyone!
5. Do make is short & sweet. People tend to get bored after a few minutes.
**Most importantly....Don't get completely smashed before giving a toast at a wedding. No one wants to hear you ramble on & slur your words.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Dear Jen and Jenna,
Thank you so much for agreeing to help with our daughter's wedding, especially on such short notice. Just knowing you were both there to take care of the details allowed us to fully enjoy Shanna and Grant's very special day. From the rehearsal to the wedding day your presence relieved us of the stress and anxiety that accompany planning such an event.
Again, thank you for going above and beyond; everything from start to finish was beautiful.
Debbie and Pete Zorge
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
We just wanted to take a moment to thank you both for all of your hard work on our wedding day. Grant and I never could have made it through the day without your help! There is one specific moment that I can clearly remember as my dad was waiting to walk me down the aisle. He looked at my mother and I and said, "Thank God we hired wedding planners! We never would have been able to pull this off without them." And it was so true. Everything from start to finish went smoothly and just as I had imagined it. Thank you guys so much for everything, you're both awesome! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day. It was the greatest way to start our new lives together!
With much thanks,
Shanna & Grant Karcher XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Bird of Paradise, Chrysanthemum, Orchid, Marigold, Zinnia
Holly, Jasmine, Poinsettia, Amaryllis, Waxflower
Daffodil, Lilacs, Peony, Tulip, Freesia
Daisy, Sweet Pea, Lily, Sunflower, Dahlia