Want to add a little something to make your wedding even more unforgettable? Consider following one of these catering trends, because sometimes it's all about the food.
1. Play with color by incorporating your wedding day hues with your wedding day food. For instance, if your colors are red and green, ask your caterer to serve shot glasses filled with layers of edamame and lobster trifles. You can also serve oreos or ice-cream sandwiches if your colors are black and white.
2. Set up a bubble bar and let your guests play bartender. Have the caterer set out bottles of champagne, prosecco, and sparkling California wine, along with liqueurs and fruit juices. Your guests can pick whatever they combo they like and enjoy their own custom-made cocktail. Remember, the prettier the bottles and glasses, the prettier your bubble bar will be.
3. For cocktail hour, you may want to try setting up food stations with a chef at each one who can plate your meal while pairing delicious food flavors together. Two popular stations: a ceviche bar for the seafood lover, or a chip station paired with a variety of home-made dips.
4. Go green with either an organic made salad or free-range chicken. Also, many winemakers and spirit producers are offering organic beverages, so ask your caterer about putting organic wine or vodka on the menu.
5. Have a family style meal. Let the food be your decor and create more interaction amongst your guests by letting them pass the serving plates around the table to each other. Choose large plates of bright-red steamed lobster or a colorful vegetable risotto to really set the scene.