If you are trying to decide on some new, more up-to-date songs to play at your wedding, the list below is filled with the top 10 new wedding songs that brides are selecting for 2009.
- "Lucky" by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillet: Play it during the first dance.
- "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay: Play it during cocktail hour or between dinner courses.
- "Good Time" by Alan Jackson: Play this song right after dinner.
- "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson: The perfect song to play during the cake cutting.
- "Single Ladies" by Beyonce: To be played during the bouquet toss.
- "Beautiful" by Akon: A slow song for later in the evening.
- "So What" by Pink: A fun song for the single guests to dance to after a slow one.
- "Just Dance" by Lady GaGa: Ideal for when the party has picked up.
- "Green Light" by John Legend: To be played toward the end of the evening.
- "When the Night Comes" by Dan Auerbach: Play this as the last song at the end of the night.
As you can see, the "chicken dance" didn't make the cut. If you want your guests to really enjoy the dance floor, try to select songs that are more modern and fun like the ones above.