Here is a list of the important questions you need to ask the DJs you are interviewing for your wedding:
- How many wedding have they performed before?
- What will he or she will be wearing?
- Ask about the DJ’s start and end times. Does the price include music during the cocktail hour and/or during dinner?
- Make sure you ask who will be performing at your wedding. If you are working with a DJ service, ask to meet with the DJ ahead of time.
- Ask about equipment. A DJ should have professional sound equipment - not "home consumer" gear. Be sure that the DJ’s speakers and sound system will accommodate your reception location.
- Ask if they need a tablecloth or linens for their table(s).
- Ask about the DJ’s presentation. Ask them to explain how they will handle the details of the introductions, first dance, cake cutting, bouquet & garter and special requested dances. You want to be comfortable with the DJ’s style and personality.
- Do they let you choose what songs you would like to be heard at the reception? And can you give them a list of "DO NOT PLAY" songs?