Thursday, February 5, 2009

At the bridal expo at the World Golf Village a few weeks ago, Jen and I met a wonderful photographer that I would like to introduce to all of you. Dawn McCarthy of Dawn McCarthy Photography is such a sweetheart and her work is breathtaking. I asked Dawn to answer a few questions so you can get to know her a little more personally.

1. Why did you start Dawn McCarthy Photography?
I started Dawn McCarthy Photography first and foremost because I have a ever evolving passion for capturing life as it happens through the lens of my camera. I sincerely believe there is no better way to relive and remember the past than through brilliant photographs. The reason that I became a wedding photographer is because I absolutely love being a part of the pure magic that is a wedding day...the intense emotion, the culmination of months of planning coming together so beautifully, the sheer excitement and the love that is shared between two people who are committing their lives to one another. I thrive on capturing those moments and being able to share them with people for a lifetime.
2. What is your favorite part about your job?
The day that I get to hand over the final wedding album and witness the Bride and Groom relive their special moments exactly as they happened...some of which they vividly recall and some of which they are actually seeing for the very first time. It's like Christmas morning for me each and every time.

3. If you could do anything else in the world what would it be?
To travel the world as a "food critic."
4. What is one of your hobbies?
Seeing just how far I can stretch a dollar. I know that sounds crazy but I am the Queen of all bargains and I truly enjoy finding or creating something for next to nothing. ;-)
5. Do you have a special talent?
I am quite an excellent cook.

Please visit Dawn's website to get more information and to see all her beautiful work:

WWW.DAWNMCCARTHYPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenna and Jen, I am honored to be spotlighted on your Blog! I feel blessed to have met you both. I have enjoyed getting acquainted with your style and attention to detail...we seem to be much alike in our passion for the perfect wedding experience. I am anxious to welcome all of the excitement that the 2009 wedding season brings us! Here's to new friendships and a stellar wedding vendor team...Cheers!